- 1 5 lb boneless pork shoulder
- 4 bunches each of fresh parsley, cilantro and sage
- 4 yellow onions sliced thin
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 6 cloves peeled garlic cloves
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Season pork generously with salt and pepper.
Place all the ingredients, except onions, in a food processor until a smooth paste forms.
Toss onions with herb paste.
Smear the paste over the entire pork shoulder; tie up with butcher twine; cover and refrigerate for two days.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees (for one hour)
Place pork shoulder in a large deep pan covered.
After 20 minutes, lower the oven temperature to 300 degrees.
Cook covered for at least 3 hours or until pork is very tender.
Let sit at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.